Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Saint Peter's and Paul's Cathedral

Recently I went inside the Saint Peter's and Saint Paul's Cathedral, as the ticket wasn't comparatively inexpensive and they don't do discounts for students, or foreign residence or even for Russian citizens for that matter, I was quite surprised with myself that I actually shelled out the 7 bucks or so to get in, anyhow this cathedral is most famous for being the final resting place of the majority of the Romanov dynasty.
The ornate decorations were quite beautiful, but I suppose those revolutionaries in 1917-1918 knew what every visitor to this cathedral realises within a few minutes of entering the cathedral. That is the Romanov dynasty must come to an end as there is simply no more room for burial spots inside this cathedral.

2 comments:

Traveling Ciguapa said...

Josh, if you have a blue student card, its free to go to Petey Pablo. I went in the prison (lame) and the cathedral (pretty cool) and the cosmonaut museum (not a complete waste of time). I kept going back to get a new ticket for each thing and finally the girl is like "You only need the one!" I never bothered to read it.

You gotta get one of those blue student cards!!

Traveling Ciguapa said...

Also, just read that bit about the burial spots. HA!