Friday, June 26, 2009

The most important part of travel

The most important part of traveling is of course the shopping. Anyone that tells you anything different has never been shopping. Estonia proved to be a challenge for me- I was in search of a truly "Estonian" treasure. I found many beautiful things however most were things that originated elsewhere- and were twice the price! Not so much a great deal. I spent the first two days wandering into every shop in search of the perfect keepsake. Finally I found a little porcelain creamer- with an even more adorable cow painted on the side- Not Estonian you say- true but still cute- and therefore a must have.
However in my typical style I needed time to think about the cow creamer and in the time it took me to make the decision to buy him- the store closed. I was heart broken- our last day in Estonia- and I was going home empty handed.................. Have no fear unknowingly Josh saved the day.
My wonderful husband decided that it was time to end the shopping and head to dinner- sadly I followed him to a strange medieval restaurant. In the beginning I wasn't so happy with the food choices- little fish with eyes looking at me is not what I call yummy.


But I stuck with it and ordered a glass of wine- and my night changed- they had the neatest wine glasses you have ever seen! Hand blown wine glasses! Even better they happened to have a store right next door to the restaurant! (I'm so lucky) With this new revelation I started to enjoy dinner more.

The restaurant its self was neat- and Josh loved his man sized beer and meal. So much so that he joined me at the shop next door- and picked out two candles!






Happily I returned home with two hand made wine glasses, a painting, and the neatest :Bearded Ghost mug that is said to protect both the drink and the drinker from evil spirits. - All totally unique and the perfect memory from Tallinn!

1 comment:

Peter said...

Josh,
We are definitely on for the alps this winter. I don't know my school schedule yet, but as soon as I do we can nail down some plans...as long as we can consume some beers Estonian style.